131. Describe at least three supertrends that are occurring in business that are likely to result in changes in many industries. Provide an example of each.
132. Describe the difference between proactive and reactive change. Contrast how managers act in each type. Which type of change is better?
133. Give examples of two forces outside an organization and two forces inside that would be likely indicators of a need for change.
134. Explain how a change agent can impact resistance to change within an organization.
135. Describe Lewin's change model. Suppose your college or university wanted to make a major change in some important aspect of student life at your school. How should the college or university use Lewin's model to guide its actions?
136. Describe what OD is and what it can be used for.
137. Explain how the OD process works. Suppose you were a student member of your college's or university's committee that was attempting to study why an excessive number of students drop out of your college. Give examples of activities your task force might take in each stage of its OD process.
138. Under what circumstances is OD most likely to be successful?
139. Describe the four types of innovation. Give an example of each.
140. Describe the three factors that companies can use to encourage innovation.
141. Describe the four steps to foster innovation.
142. List at least five of ten reasons employees resist change.
143. What is the difference between a product innovation and a process innovation?
144. What are two myths about innovation?
145. What are the differences between innovation, invention, and creativity?
146. Describe the three stages of Kurt Lewin's change model.
147. The starting point for organizational innovation involves the six seeds of innovation. List at least four of the six seeds of innovation.
148. Describe how John Kotter's model corresponds with Kurt Lewin's change model.
149. Describe resistance to change and the causes of resistance.
150. List four ways to deal with change and innovation. If you were going to instill a culture of innovation in a company you worked for, what kinds of things would you do?
151. Describe managers' behaviors that might indicate a need for change.
152. Define and describe the three types of change and provide an example for each.
153. The three types of change depend on what three criteria?
154. List at least four factors that reduce an organization's ability to learn from failure.
155. What is the difference between process innovation and product innovation?
156. What is the difference between a core innovation and a transformational innovation? Provide an example for each.
157. What is the difference between reactive and proactive change?
158. What are the characteristics of a change agent that might contribute to employee resistance to change?