Organizational Behavior Chapter 11 Notes
- Identify the main functions of communication.
- Describe the communication process and distinguish between formal and informal communication.
- Contrast downward, upward, and lateral communication with examples.
- Contrast oral, written, and nonverbal communication.
- Compare and contrast formal communication networks and the grapevine.
- Analyze the advantages and challenges of electronic communication.
- Show how channel richness underlies the choice of communication channel.
- Identify common barriers to effective communication.
- Show how to overcome the potential problems in cross-cultural communication.