is that managers have little or no impact on flexible differences
is that managers have little or no impact on fixed differences
is that managers should hire people based on their attitudes and emotions
has no practical value for managers
2. Under the regulations of interstate commerce:
Intrastate activities affecting interstate commerce can be regulated only by the state
Regulation on any activity is appropriate if it aids interstate commerce.
Activities affecting interstate commerce do not come under the power of the deferral
The states have the exclusive power to commerce that passes that passes across their lines.
3. Which of the following is useful advice on conducting business across cultures with those who have limited English ability?
Use slang and jargon instead of literal language as much as possible.
Determine a person's level of communication proficiency within the first few moments of your
interactions with them.
Speak at your normal, regular pace instead of speaking slowly as this may be viewed as disrespectful.
Allow those with limited English ability enough time to process their thoughts into English.
4. What is the main drawback to the Negotiation & Agreement strategy for overcoming resistance to change?
leads to future problems if people feel manipulated
too expensive if others decide to also negotiation for compliance
5. Which of the following statements is true of the WARN Act?
It requires employers to give notice to employees that an unscheduled drug test will be
conducted for all employees.
It requires employers to give notice to employees that they are being subjected to polygraph
It requires employers to give notice to an “at will” employee that he/she is being fired.
It requires employers to give notice of a scheduled mass layoff.
6 According to the Ajzen model, the strongest predictor of an employee’s behavior is/are_______.
the employee’s intentions .
the employee’s attitudes
the employee’s values
the average life span of a product
a concept that describes the stages a product goes through in the marketplace—early growth, accelerated development, maturity, and decline
a concept that describes the stages a new product goes through from product concept to
a concept that describes the stages a product goes through in the marketplace — introduction,
growth, maturity, and decline
8. Sam, a marketing manager, often makes ethical decisions based on what others feel about those decisions. He often considers opinions from other managers and employees. Which of the following ethical systems do Sam’s decisions follow?
It requires business to have only company insiders as board directors.
It was passed to promote business ethics by creating legal requirements.
Unlike other Acts, its violations do not result in fines or prosecutions.
Complying with the act saves time and money, but deteriorates efficiency.
include as many photographs as possible in your slides
use a lot of "I" statements
make individuals and groups the subject of your sentences
avoid using presentation software or other technology
Establishment of federal regulators in all private companies to establish and enforce ethical
Creating uniform statutes of business ethics.
Self-regulation by companies
Giving the federal government exclusive jurisdiction regarding ethics and ethics violation
12. Which of the following is typically included in the drafting stage of writing an effective business message?
Sending the message to be proofread
Setting a positive and other-oriented tone
Identifying the primary message and key points
13. Other things held constant in a competitive labor market, if workers negotiate a contract in which the employer agrees to pay an hourly wage of $17.85 while the market equilibrium hour rate is $16.50, the:
Quantity of workers demanded will exceed the quantity of workers supplied.
Quantity of workers supplied will exceed the quantity of workers demanded.
14. Article 6 of the Treaty on European Union, called the Maastricht Treaty, states the EU is “founded” on:
rule of law
15. In which of the following situations is a budget surplus most likely to occur?
When the economy is contracting
When fiscal policy is contractionary and the economy is expanding
When fiscal policy is expansionary and the economy is contracting
When fiscal policy is expansionary