Cis105 module 10
- Input devices translate words, sounds, images, and actions into a form the system can process.
- Keyboard entry devices, pointing devices, and scanning devices are some commonly used input devices.
- Pointing devices include the mouse, joystick, touch screen, light pen, and stylus.
- Optical scanners, bar code readers, and character and mark recognition devices are various scanning devices.
- Some common image capturing devices include digital cameras, digital video cameras, and WebCams.
- Graphics tablets and digital notebooks are widely used digitizing devices.
- Audio input devices include voice recognition systems and MIDI.
- Types of output are text, graphics, audio, and video.
- Monitor features include resolution, dot pitch, refresh rate, and size.
- Types of monitors include CRT, flat-panel, gas plasma, e-book, data projector, and HDTV.
- Ink-jet, laser, thermal, dot-matrix, plotters, and photo printers are different types of printers.
Audio devices translate audio information from computer into sound for people to understand