1. Which of the following is not a virus preventative technique?
D.Allowing external media
2. What is the name of a virus that changes itself when it spreads?
D. Boot sector
3. Which of the following is a piece of code or software that spreads from system to system by attaching itself to other files?
A. Logic bomb
4. What type of malware attempts to trick victims into purchasing software or providing their credit card numbers?
5. Which of the following best describes what occurs when a lower-level account is cracked in order to obtain increased access?
B. Privilege escalation
6. Enumeration can be used to discover all but which of the following types of information?
A. Smartcard PINs
7. Installing Netcat on a remote system by using an exploit is an example of what type of attack?
A. Privilege escalation
B. Default software exploit
C. Installing a back door
D. Rootkit installation
8. Which of the following best describes what occurs when a user attempts a connection to a Windows system without the standard username and password being provided?
A. NULL session
B. Privilege escalation
9. What can an insecure login system provide?
A. The password for the application
B. Information about the existence of a user
C. User privileges
D. The complexity of the password
10. Which of these describes a database security problem that occurs when actions of database users are not properly tracked?
A. Unused stored procedures
B. Services account privilege problems
C. Incorrect data tracking
D. Limited audit log settings
11. Changing the content of a Web site with the intent of leaving a distinguishing mark or changing its appearance is __________.
A. Web site defacement
B. cross-site scripting
C. penetration testing
12. Identifying fixes and prevention methods occurs in which of these incident response stages?
B. Debriefing and feedback
D. Recovery and repair
13. Which of the following properly describes an IDS system?
A. It prevents attacks.
B. It only detects attacks.
C. It cannot detect anomalies.
D. It detects only e-mail attacks
14. Which of the following is best suited for environments where critical system-level assets need to be monitored?
15. An incident response team does not respond to which of the following events?
B. System compromise
C. Theft of data
D. Virus outbreaks
16. In Linux, which of the following is the account that has complete and unrestricted access?
17. Who originally designed and created Linux?
A. Bill Gates
B. Linus Torvalds
C. Steve Jobs
D. Joseph Linux
18. Most versions of Linux make their source code available through which of the following methods?
A. General Public License (GPL)
B. Business Software Alliance (BSA) agreement
C.K Desktop Environment (KDE)
19. Approximately how many distributions of Linux are available in different forms and formats?
20. Which of the following is not a target of Trojans?
A. Credit card data
B. Insider information
D. Virus definitions
21. Which of the following ports does Back Orifice communicate on?
22. Which of the following terms describes a malware program that helps the attacker gain remote access to a system?
23. Which of the following describes valid protection against malware?
C. User education
D. All options are correct
24. Which sniffer tool is designed to intercept and reveal passwords?
25. Which of the following is defined in Title 18, Section 2511 of the U.S. Code on electronic crimes?
26. Which of the following attacks generally involves one computer targeting another, seeking to shut it down and deny legitimate use of its services?
A. Passive session hijacking
B. Active session hijacking
C. Denial of Service
D. Covert channel
27. Which of the following communication methods employs security mechanisms called trusted devices?
28. What capability is provided by inSSIDer?
A. WLAN access point troubleshooting
B. Infrared scanning
C. Bluetooth scanning
D. Wi-Fi security analysis reporting
29. Why is WPA2 superior to WPA?
A. It uses stronger encryption.
B. It does not include the design flaws of WEP.
C. Both A and B
D. Neither A nor B
30. Factors that affect the emanations of a wireless network include all but which one of the following?
A. Atmospheric conditions
B. Building materials
C. Sound vibrations
D. Nearby devices