- A good metaphysical theory should be characterized by explanatory power.
- In Philosophy, some ideas, concepts or beliefs should be accepted on the grounds of
authority, and should never be questioned.
- In searching for the “ultimate real,” Hasker is looking for:
Which of the following is not a requirement for a good metaphysical theory?
- One rule of thumb in doing metaphysics is the recognition that there are some beliefs that
should never be challenged or questioned.
- One major argument for libertarianism is:
Concerning Max (who stole the hubcaps), Hasker claims that Max is morally responsible
for stealing the hubcaps, but did not have freedom of choice in stealing the hubcaps.
- The theory that says some actions are chosen and performed by the agent without
- According to Hasker, divine foreknowledge means:
- Determinism claims that ultimately our choices don’t make any difference.
to exist after death.
- Which of the following statements is not taught by Dualism?
On the question of life after death, John Hick proposes a theory that involves total
annihilation of the entire person, including the soul, at death.
- Which of the following statements is true about Behaviorism?
- According to Hasker, emergentism implies that at least some nonhuman animals have
- The proposed solution to the mind/body problem that claims that for every physical state there exists a corresponding mental state, but there is no causal relationship between them.
- Which view that attempts to solve the mind/body problem by reducing the mind and body to one thing:
- Which of the following is not a characteristic of substances:
16.Which of these is a characteristic of substances?
17.Which of the following is a correct statement about “essences?”