1. What is the second stage of the consumer buying process?
Evaluation of alternatives
2. Which of the following is used to determine a competitive frame of reference for brands to compete against other brands due to their closeness as substitutes?
3. In behavioral segmentation, a product or service is grouped by which other dimension besides knowledge of, attitude toward, and use of?
4. Which of the following marketing strategies does not concentrate on recognizing differences in customers’ needs in the organization?
5. Which term describes the diverse needs of many ethnic market segments?
6. Which of the following would consumers associate closely with a brand?
Points of reference
7. Which group is experiencing the fastest population growth today?
8. Which market is known as the invisible market segment?
9. Which of the following do marketers use to give consumers a special reason for them to purchase a product or service?
10. Which of the following tools do marketers use to visually illustrate how consumers view products or services on multivariables?
11. Which of the following is a tool a company uses to position its brands attributes in the minds of those in the organization?
Brand positioning bull’s eye
Brand perceptual analysis
12. Which of the following is known as the process of creating a segment storyboard to test the attractiveness of each segment?
Segment acid test
13. How many primary groups does VALS classify U.S. adults into based on personality traits and key demographics?
14. When purchasing, in which state does the consumer set a minimum acceptable cutoff level for each attribute and then makes a buying decision?
15. Which other factor does an organization’s marketing strategy focus on: segmentation, targeting, and
16. When searching for a supplier, which of the following provides the broadest reach of possible suppliers in today’s competitive market environment?
Standard & Poor’s
17. What other dimension helps market segments be measurable, substantial, accessible, and differentiable?
18. Which other dimension is the VALS classification system based on besides consumer motivation?
19. Which other criteria helps make up the three criteria for a successful brand mantra: inspire, simplify, and
20. Which of the following do brand mantras attempt to define?
Similarity to other brands
Points of difference to other brands
21. Which of the following is known in marketing as attributes of a product or service that may not be unique to the product or service?