Conduct an internal and external environmental analysis, and a supply chain analysis for your proposed new division and its business model.There are two parts to this assignment: (1) create a SWOT table summarizing your internal and external analysis and (2) write a 700 - 1,050 paper that summarizes and analyzes your findings. See below for instructions.
1) Using the SWOT Template in the Materials section, Create a SWOT table summarizing your findings. Your environmental analysis should consider, at a minimum, the following factors.
For each external factor listed below, identify at least one opportunity, threat, or trend, and include it in your table.
Likewise, for each internal factor listed below, identify at least one primary strength or weakness.
External forces and trends considerations (opportunities, threats or trends):
- Legal and regulatory
- Competitive analysis
Internal forces and trends considerations (strengths or weaknesses):
- Processes and systems
- Strategic capabilities
- Intellectual property
2) Write a synopsis of 700 -1,050 words in which you analyze relevant forces and trends from the list above. Your analysis must include the following:
- Identify economic, legal, and regulatory forces and trends.
- Critique how well the organization adapts to change.
- Analyze and explain the supply chain of the new division of the existing business. Share your plans to develop and leverage core competencies and resources within the supply chain in an effort to make a positive impact on the business model and the various stakeholders.
Identify issues and/or opportunities:
- Identify the major issues and/or opportunities that the company faces based on your analysis.
- Generate a hypothesis surrounding each issue and research questions to use for conducting analysis.
- Identify the circumstances surrounding each issue; classify the circumstances; attribute the importance of each classification; and test the accuracy of the importance for each classification.
Include 1-2 references in your paper to support your claims or provide company information. Students are expected to conduct secondary research using specific databases within the University Library, such as IBIS World and Mergent Online, and so forth. From eCampus these databases can be found from the following path: Library tab > University Library > Company Directories and Financials.
The textbook is also a good sources to cite in your paper.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your paper and SWOT table. These can be merged into one document or submitted as two separate attachments. However, the word count of the written paper cannot include the SWOT table.