The paper must be 3-4 pages in length, exclusive of footnotes and sources, double spaced, 1 inch side margins and 1 inch top and bottom margins on 8-1/2 x 11 inch paper. All pages MUST be numbered. The paper must be typed and footnoted in accordance with APA format. Please include references.
"Had the case not been dismissed, could a large global company like Apple with an enormous responsibility for customer privacy, be held for obstruction of justice for refusing to assist the FBI in a matter of national security?"
(******Need assistance with this section of the paper base and based on the topic above)
CONCERNS OVER PRIVACY- SHOULD WE EVER HAVE IT? ARE WE LOSING IT? FOURTH AMENDMENT RIGHTS AND EXCEPTIONS
(***Please use the below outline for the paper)
- The company should assist in the maintenance of the security in the nation. However it should not be held responsible for failing of for refusing to assist the government or the FBI in the maintenance of the security in the country.
- It remains the responsibility of the government in the ensuring of the security as well as the law enforcement to the ones who want to cause tension and insecurity within the country. The information in the protection of the national security and the safety of the public, either in the cooperation of the parties, which are relevant.
- Through the system of the court when the cooperation fails the government should peruse the available options to make sure that the nation is secure from the terrorism and other insecurity practices.
- The government or the FBI should approach the company and then they negotiate for the requirement of the contract that they are getting in to the provision of the crucial data to ensure that the country is safe and secure. The FBI should not dictate on how the company should assist in the giving of the information that is required for the investigations to ensure the national security.
- From the beginning the apple company objected to the FBI demands that the company should build a backdoor to the mobile and they believed that it was wrong and this would bring some bad precedent. The company said that they would be supporting in maintaining and increasing the security.
References: (***Please include these references and feel free to add more references)
Hern, A. (2014). Apple defies FBI and offers encryption by default on new operating system. The Guardian.
Timberg, C., & Miller, G. (2014). FBI blasts Apple, Google for locking police out of phones. The Washington Post.