- Explore the scientific approach to criminal justice research.
- Distinguish between qualitative and quantitative research.
- Differentiate between pure and applied research.
- Specify the various functions of the research process.
- Summarize the meaning of research ethics and examine the codes of ethics in criminal justice research.
- Assess the nature and diversity of ethical dilemmas in criminological research.
- Explore the meaning of statistics and the basic ideas behind any statistical study.