Johnny needs to buy a lawn mower. His lawn is relatively modest, so he began looking for an affordable model. His friend, Mark, also needed a lawn mower. His yard was much larger, so he went to Johnny and said “Johnny, we both need a lawn mower.
Why don’t we go shopping and get the lawn mower together.” Johnny and Mark found a suitable lawn mower for $10,000. Johnny actually talked to the salesmen. And the salesmen agreed to extend Johnny a loan to purchase the lawn mower if Mark would orally contract to stand as a surety for Johnny if the payments were not made on time.
For two months, Mark uses the lawn mower more than anyone. But then Johnny fails to make payments and the salesman sues Mark under the oral contract. What will be the likely disposition of the case?
The requirements below must be met for your paper to be accepted and graded:
- Write between 500 – 750 words (approximately 2 – 3 pages) using Microsoft Word.
- Attempt APA style, see example below.
- Use font size 12 and 1” margins.
- Include cover page and reference page.
- At least 60% of your paper must be original content/writing.
- No more than 40% of your content/information may come from references.
- Use at least two references from outside the course material, preferably from EBSCOhost. Text book, lectures, and other materials in the course may be used, but are not counted toward the two reference requirement.
Reference material (data, dates, graphs, quotes, paraphrased words, values, etc.) must be identified in the paper and listed on a reference page.Reference material (data, dates, graphs, quotes, paraphrased words, values, etc.) must come from sources such as, scholarly journals found in EBSCOhost, online newspapers such as The Wall Street Journal, government websites, etc. Sources such as Wikis, Yahoo Answers, eHow, etc. are not acceptable.