1. According to the team marketing report quoted by Dallas Morning News, the average ticket price was up 4.7 percent for last year; show how they obtained a 4.7 % increase. 2. Further, is the 4.7 % increase accurate? If not, what should be the correct percentage increase?
For project journal part A, the classnote page10-14 to page10-16 will help you with that part. (I can Provide This)
Use the given information to answer the following questions
Run a multiple regression using the above data. (with Export as the dependent variable).
2. Compare the result of question (1) with another regression equation obtained without the Foreign Income variable.
3. Which of the models do you prefer? Why?
4. Interpret your results for (1) and (2).
5. In writing your paper, you should start by indicating the purpose of the study. Also, discuss the methodology and conclusions.
Part B requirement: The layout and format of the paper should include the following sections: Title page, Abstract, Introduction, Method, Results, and Discussion.
a) Abstract is a very concise summary of the paper.
b) The Introduction tells the reader about the topic. Specifically, it should start with the purpose of this paper is to examine…. What the issue is, what is known about it, and the specific focus? Put a business context to it -- write the value added by your work or what businesses can gain from knowledge of the determinants of Exports.
c) Empirical Results you should start with a brief discussion of the descriptive statistics for each variable. The measures of central tendency and variability will suffice -- of course, with some discussions. Interpretations of empirical results of the estimated parameters and other indicators such as 𝑟 2 , 𝑟̅ 2 , standard error of regression equation, etc.
d) Method you should be able to explain what method you are using for your work. For example, you can start with telling the reader that the ordinary least squares (OLS) method was used to obtain estimated coefficients... (Then write more). You should be able to write the equation from the Excel result. We expect to see you…
1. Using the excel result to generate the equation.
2. Find the standard error of each variable.
3. Find the t-stat of each variable.
4. Find the p-value of each variable. EXAMPLE: Ŷ = 1.24 + 1.71x1 - 0.83x2 - 2.12x3 𝐒𝐛𝟏 (6.79) (1.43) (0.22) (0.85) T-stat [0.18] [1.20] [3.78] [2.48] P-value 0.857 0.247 0.002 0.025 e) The results section should tell what was found from the computed data.
Use Chapters 4, 10, and 11 to help you test various hypothesis equations. EXAMPLE: H0 = β1 = β2 = β3 = 0 OR H0 ∶ βi = 0 Ha = β1 ≠ β2 ≠ β3 ≠ 0, or all variables are ≠ 0 Ha ∶ βi ≠ 0 (Note: Remember to mention what α is used in your hypothesis testing) f) The Discussion describes rigorously what your findings mean or imply in the light of the information presented in the introduction. It is the interpretive segment of the paper and loops back to answer the issues raised in the introduction. Remember to answer questions 2 and 3. **The Project part B should contain 4-5 pages plus computer printouts**