A teacher has been giving the same math final exam for 10 years. The mean for all the past students who took the test was 72. This semester, she used a different teaching technique in class (experiential learning). She gave the final exam to her current 20 students. The mean score on the exam for students taught using the experiential learning technique is 81.3 with a standard deviation of 10.5.
Is there a statistically significant difference in test scores for students who were taught using the experiential learning technique as compared to the “usual” technique? Use an alpha level of .05.
1) What is the IV and the levels?
2) What is the DV?
3) What are the null and research hypotheses in symbols?
4) Compute estimated standard error (sM).
5) What is the critical value for this test?
6) Calculate your test statistic.
7) What is your statistical conclusion?
8) What is your substantiative conclusion?