SEC 435 Network Penetration Testing Week 1 Certification Readiness Assessment 1: Pre-Assessment
Certification Readiness Assessment 1
Certification Readiness Assessment 1: Pre-assessment
Each assessment uses the same Web-based EC-Council Certified Security Analyst (ECSA) assessment and consists of two (2) parts:
- A screenshot of the ECSA assessment results
- A written self-assessment response
Pre-assessment / Post-assessment Completion Requirements
- Complete the ECSA assessment located at http://www.eccouncil.org/Training/ecsa-assessment.
Note: Grading is based on participation and is not influenced by the objective score students receive on the online assessment.
- Take a screenshot of the results page upon completion of the ECSA assessment.
Note: This screenshot serves as confirmation of the completed assessment. The screenshot should at a minimum display your score and general on-screen items. It is not necessary to include each of the itemized question results. Go to http://www.take-a-screenshot.org/ if you need a tutorial on taking a screenshot.
- Review the interactive results that are displayed with each question. Focus your efforts to gain an understanding of your strengths and weaknesses with respect to the assessment topics, as well as the overall concepts that require additional focus.
Pre-assessment / Post-assessment Submission Requirements
Submit one (1) Microsoft Word document which contains:
- A screenshot of the completed ECSA assessment results.
- A (one to two [1-2] paragraph) written self-assessment based on the ECSA assessment results in which you:
- Summarize both your strengths and weaknesses with respect to the topics you covered in the assessment.
- Determine the concepts that you believe challenged you the most and / or those that require additional focus.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Combine both elements (screenshot and written self-assessment) into one (1) Microsoft Word document, or an open source equivalent.
- Documentation must be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required assignment page length.
Click here to view the grading rubric for this assignment.