HSA 315 Health Information System
Assignment 1: Critical Factors in Implementing an IT System in Health Facilities
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
1. Thoroughly provide at least three (3) various reasons why some health care organizations have been reluctant to implement electronic medical records.
2. Thoroughly discuss the essential manner in which the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) impacts patient’s medical records.
3. Thoroughly determine the main advantages and disadvantages of the adoption of The HITECH (the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health) Act for health care professionals. Next, suggest one (1) strategy that the medical staff members could use in order to mitigate the main disadvantages in question.
4. Thoroughly Review the typical workflow processes within health organizations, and decide the single most significant process that the health organization must eliminate in order to improve the service. Provide a rationale to support your response.
5. Thoroughly analyze the primary ways in which the key federal initiatives impact the standards of health care information for patient privacy, safety, and confidentially.
6. Thoroughly specify the fundamental advantages of applying an IT system within health care organizations. Predict new IT developments in the health care industry for the next two (2) decades. Justify your response.
7. Use at least four (4) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar type Websites do not qualify as academic resources.