HIS 105 Assignment 2.2 - Policemen of the World Final Paper
Due Week 10 and worth 120 points
You have already developed a thesis statement and developed an outline in which you explored two (2) real-life international incidents from the past five (5) years involving the United States involving the United States as a world power. Now you will develop the final paper in which you explore your main points in detail.
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
Introduce your paper with your previously crafted thesis statement. Identify two to three (2-3) international events from the past five years that can be traced back to a foreign policy created after the Civil War.
- U.S. forces strike in Libya, Somalia, capture al Qaeda operativethe 2011 Libyan Civil War to overthrow Libyan leader Muammar Muhammad Abu Minyar al-Gaddafi, commonly known as (Colonel Gaddafi) and the United States participation in the 2011 Yemeni Civil War protesting the leadership of Yemeni President Ali Abdullah Saleh
- Iraq president Saddam Hussein was captured in 2003-
- War Against Isis
- Sanctions of North Korea
Discuss three (3) aspects of US history since 1865 that have led to the USA's rise as a world super power policeman.
- Policies against Terrorism
- Laws against nuclear weapons
- Immigration Policies
List 3-5 international incidents since World War II where America has taken on a policing role.
- The Cold War (1947-1991)
- Vietnam War (1964)
- Afghanistan Civil War (2001)
- Iraq Invasion (2003)
List 3-5 driving forces that fueled international policy decisions involving the international incidents.
- Saddam Hussein Seeks to Control Kuwait
- Osama Bin Laden’s Al Qaedo Network
- Suspicions Regarding Iraqi Weapons of Mass Destruction
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
Analyze the rise of the United States to a world “superpower” and how that status has shaped its internal developments in recent decades.
Recognize the major turning points in American history since the Civil War.
Use technology and information resources to research issues in contemporary U.S. history.
Write clearly and concisely about contemporary U.S. history using proper writing mechanics.