STR 581 Week 2 Quiz Latest Version 2016
- This group is considered powerful if it is not obliged to contend with other products for sale to the industry
- What Human Resource component within its operating environment is a major element of a firm’s ability to satisfy its personnel needs?
- The environment that is typically subject to much influence by the firm is
- A firm’s external environment is divided into various subcategories that include
- This term refers to descriptive characteristics that can be used to differentiate groups of present or potential customers
- When managers consider the general availability of credit, the level of disposable income, and the propensity of people to spend, they are considering what factors
- This environment in the strategic planning process comprises factors in the competitive situation that affect a firm’s success in acquiring needed resources or in profitably marketing its goods and services.
- A firm’s access to needed personnel is affected primarily by four factors that include
- Which of these is a determinant of entry, according to Porter?
- This element of employment or labor represents the workers in their negotiations with employers through the process of collective bargaining.
- Which threat of entry creates a barrier by forcing entrants to spend heavily to overcome customer loyalty?
- This is considered a collection of firms that offer similar products or services that customers perceive to be substitutable for one another
- Economies of scale in an industry refers to
- This information is used to explain or predict some aspect of customer behavior with regard to a product or service. Information such as usage rate, benefits sought, and brand loyalty can provide significant aid in the design of more accurate and profitable strategies.
- This term refers to the relationships among human beings and other living things and the air, soil, and water that supports them.
- This factor considers or provides creative adaptations that can suggest possibilities for new products or for improvements in existing products or in manufacturing and marketing techniques.
- The quasi-science of anticipating environmental and competitive changes and estimating their importance to an organizations operation refers to
- Because the quantity, quality, price, and accessibility of financial, human, and material resources are rarely ideal, assessment of suppliers and creditors is critical to an accurate evaluation of which of the firm’s external environments?