EET250 Unit 1 Review Assignment
Chapters 2 (Pages 30-33), 3, 6
1. Any electrical component not in a PC needs to be stored in an ____________________ bag.
2. All motherboards use multipurpose expansion slots that enable you to add ________________________
3. Parallel ports use a ____________________ female DB connector.
4. Sound cards use ____________________ connectors.
5. A video card uses a 15-pin female ____________________ connector or the unique, video-only digital video interface (DVI) connector.
6. The power supply takes standard 110-volt AC power (United States) and converts it into 12-volt, 5-volt, and ____ DC power. (See Ch-10 Page 378)
7. A gigabyte, or GB, is equal to how many MB?
8. RJ-11 jacks are almost exclusively used for ____.
9. What can cause damage to components through the discharge of static electricity?
10. NICs usually have a single ____ connection.
11. You rarely see a DB connector with more than ______ pins or sockets.
12. How many devices can be supported by USB on a computer? (See Ch-20 pages 881,891)
13. Which connector type has a slight D-shape?
14. How should electronic components (such as a RAM stick) be transported from one place to another?
A. carried in an anti-static bag
B. carried while connected to an anti-static wrist strap
C. carried in a lint-free cloth
D. held by the contacts
15. What unit measures clock speed?
16. A ____________________ system is needed to save programs and data.
17. Intel Processors currently use a package type called _______________________
18. The connection between the CPU, MCC, and the RAM is called the ___________________
19. The communication device of the CPU is called _________________________________
20. The CPU package used in AMD is the ____________________ package.
21. A Dual-core CPU has _____________ execution units.
22. What is the practical limit for modern CPU clock speeds?
A. 3 GHz
C. 5 GHz
B. 4 GHz
23. What is used to hold a CPU?
24. Which of the following stores the data that the CPU actively uses?
C. hard drive
B. floppy diskette
25. Which line of CPU of AMD is a direct competitor of Intel?
C. Classic Athlon
26. 1 megabyte is equivalent to ____ bytes.
27. What is a benefit of a smaller process?
28. What cache was historically on the motherboard, but now often comes on the CPU?
C. motherboard cache
D. CPU cache
29. Many of today’s processors are measured by the process. Which of the following is a valid term for the process?
A. 45 nanometer
C. 95 watts
30. Which CPU manufacturer has "Athlon" brand?
Please refer to this link to anwer these questions above