1) According to the authors, ethical behavior is defined as:
A. A set of moral principles or values that guide an individual
B. Rules of Behavior set by the Federal government
C. Principles, norms, and standards agreed upon by society
D. None of these
2) The type of language used when describing a situation affects moral awareness
3) There are major differences in levels of moral reasoning between men and women.
4) The _______________ approach to ethical decision making focuses on how people actually make decisions.
5) The _________________ states that an ethical decision should maximize benefits to society and minimize harms.
A. Theory of cost-benefit analysis
B. Principle of efficacy
C. Principle of value
D. Principle of utility
6) Utilitarianism is an example of teleological theory.
7) According to a national opinion survey, identify the goal that employees did NOT rank among the top five.
A. Good pay
B. Respectful treatment
C. Honest company communications
D. Ethical corporate behavior
8) This driver of engagement, __________, refers to the fact that employees should understand the company’s strategic direction and how their individual efforts play a role in the company’s revenue-generating enterprise.
A) Line of sight
C) Information sharing
D) Rewards and recognition
- Discarding the few “bad apples” will solve all of the ethical problems within an organization.
10) An organization can be convicted of a crime even if only one employee breaks the law.