1. A dominant strategy differs from a Nash equilibrium strategy in that
2. A key to analyzing subgame perfect equilibrium strategy in sequential games is
3. To trust a potential cooperator until the first defection and then never cooperate thereafter is
4. Consider the game known as the Prisoner’s Dilemma. What’s the dilemma?
5. Cooperation in repeated prisoner’s dilemma situations seems to be enhanced by all of the following except
6. ___ is the price at which an intermediate good or service is transferred from the selling to the buying division within the same firm.
7. To maximize profits, a monopolist that engages in price discrimination must allocate output in such a way as to make identical the ____ in all markets.
8. The segmenting of customers into several small groups such as household, institutional, commercial, and industrial users, and establishing a different rate schedule for each group is known as:
9. Vacation tours to Europe invariably package visits to disparate regions: cities, mountains, and the seaside. Bundling, a type of second degree price discrimination, is most profitable when:
10. Third-degree price discrimination exists whenever:
11. Which of the following is not among the functions of contract?
12. Vertical integration may be motivated by all of the following except:
13. Governance mechanisms are designed
14. Which of the following are not approaches to resolving the principal-agent problem?
15. To accomplish its purpose a linear profit-sharing contract must
16. ____ occurs whenever a third party receives or bears costs arising from an economic transaction in which the individual (or group) is not a direct participant.
17. The sentiment for increased deregulation in the late 1970’s and early 1980’s has been felt most significantly in the price regulation of
18. ____ yields the same results as the theory of perfect competition, but requires substantially fewer assumptions than the perfectly competitive model.
19. The lower the barriers to entry and exit, the more nearly a market structure fits the ____ market model.
20. The Herfindahl-Hirschman index (also shortened to just the Herfindahl index) is a measure of ____.
21. Any current outlay that is expected to yield a flow of benefits beyond one year in the future is:
22. Which of the following would not be classified as a capital expenditure for decision-making purposes?
23. The social rate of discount is best approximated by:
24. If the acceptance of Project A makes it impossible to accept Project B, these projects are:
25. The ____ method assumes that the cash flows over the life of the project are reinvested at the