1. Question : Ethics is the study of
Student Answer: propositional knowledge.
right and wrong.
2. Question : One studies ethics because
Student Answer: it provides insight into moral problems.
It solves all moral problems.
It causes migraine headaches.
It makes one more popular.
3. Question : A philosophical argument should involve
Student Answer: yelling.
Evidence or reasons.
4. Question : Philosophers suggest arguments should be won by
Student Answer: the best argument.
a coin flip.
The person who feels most strongly about the issue.
5. Question : Different ethical theories
Student Answer: can never offer useful information.
Must always contradict each other.
Can agree that certain acts are morally justified.
Always agree that certain acts are morally justified.
6. Question : Deontology argues that correct moral rules are
Student Answer: confusing.
Based on emotions.
7. Question : An ethical egoist argues that you should do something if
Student Answer: it makes everyone better off.
It makes you better off.
It conforms to God’s laws.
It is illegal.
8. Question : Emotivism regards an act as moral for a person if that person
Student Answer: approves of the act.
disapproves of the act.
argues that it is justified by a rule.
argues that it supported by moral facts.
9. Question : “Bivalence” refers to the idea that all sentences are
Student Answer: true or false
10. Question : The philosopher most closely identified with virtue ethics is
Student Answer: Immanuel Kant.