PLEASE USE APA FORMAT FOR CITATIONS
PLEASE ANSWER USING QUESTION ANSWER FORMAT
Textbook: Carrell, M. R., & Heavrin, C. (2013). Labor relations and collective bargaining: Private and public sectors (10th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall.
1. Generally why do both management and the union favor no-strike, no-lockout provisions? Discuss commonly used methods for peacefully resolving a negotiation impasse, and explain the advantages and disadvantages of each.Your response should be at least 400 words in length.
2. Discuss how negotiators prepare for negotiations. Explain the distributive and integrative bargaining approaches. How do these methods differ? When would a negotiator likely choose each?Your response should be at least 400 words in length.
3. Social security, unemployment insurance, and workers’ compensation are employee benefits required by law and are not negotiated. Based on the reading in this unit, identify and discuss the 5 groups of those benefits that are mandatory issues for negotiations. Provide an example of each.Your response should be at least 200 words in length.
4. According to the reading, the company has a financial obligation to its employees. The issue of organizations having the ability to pay the employees can be an important factor during the negotiation process. In efforts to make certain the organization has the ability to meet the financial responsibility to the employees, some things should be considered. Not only do the organization look at the financial obligation, they should also look at the worth or importance of the job. Within the reading, some processes that can be done to accomplish this goal has been mentioned. Based on what you have learned in this unit, define job analysis. Identify and discuss in detail two things that are a result of the job analysis.Your response must be at least 200 words in length.
5. What are the key issues in an employee alcohol- and drug-testing program? Identify the types of drug testing used by employers, and explain the general steps followed when performing drug tests. Discuss the employee’s attitudes toward drug testing.Your response should be at least 400 words in length.