in to the Lexis Uni website and navigate to the Criminal Justice Home page. Under "Recent Supreme Court Decisions", click on "View all Supreme Court Decisions for Criminal Justice". Then, narrow your search by "violent crimes"
Locate two U.S. Supreme Court cases that discuss various types of criminal defenses.
Write a 700- to 1,050-word case analysis in which you identify and examine the types of criminal defenses that were used. Include the following:
- Explain the nature and types of defenses used in the cases.
- What evidence was used to demonstrate the defense?
- Explain the similarities and differences between justification and excuse.
- Describe how justification and excuse play a role in the cases.
- Describe the outcome of each case.
- Format your assignment using headings as part of structuring information. Follow UOP Sample Paper Guidelines.
- Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines using in-text citations and at least 4 peer reviewed sources, one must be at least one of the course text.
- Review the posted Rubric for additional assignment requirements and expectations.
- Submit your assignment to the Assignment Files tab.