THEO 201 Study Guide 4 complete Answers | Rated A+
Quiz 4 Study Guide
Towns: Chapter III and IV
- What are the 4 different expressions (categories) of the law?
- What are the 4 purposes of the law?
- What are the 5 points of Calvinism (the TULIP acrostic)?
- Define the terms below.
o The elect:
· The definition of the Trinity states that the members of the Trinity are the following:
o Equal in what?—
o Distinct in what?—
o Subordinate in what?—
· What is the existence of 3 gods called?
· What belief teaches 3 different manifestations of God (as if a man were a father, husband and brother at the same time)?
· What belief errs by denying the eternality and distinctiveness of the three persons of the Trinity?
· What belief taught that only the Father was eternally begotten from the beginning?
· How does the baptism of Christ point toward the Trinity?
· How does the New Testament baptism formula point to the Trinity?
· What does the term preexistence mean?
· What does the term eternality mean when referring to Christ?
· What would Jews think who heard Christ calling himself the Son of Man?
· What is a Christophany?
True or False
- The word “Trinity” is not found in Scripture.
- Whether or not the word “Trinity” is found in Scripture, the idea and doctrine are.
- The Trinity is not 3 gods.
- The Trinity is 3 manifestations of God.
- The Trinity teaches that the Father created the Son and the Son created the Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ is the second member of the Trinity, is equal with the Father in nature, and yet is submissive in duty.
- Christ is a single and undivided person.
- Jesus claimed to be one with the Father.
- Jesus claimed to have the ability to forgive sins.
- Jesus allowed people to worship him.
- Jesus claimed to have omnipresence, omniscience, and omnipotence.
- The fact that Christ allowed people to worship him shows that he thought that he was divine.
Rivera: Chapter 4
- What is the point the author makes as he reviews 2 situations that took place at different seminaries?
- What are the 5 basic rules the author proposes in order for someone to profit from their Bible reading?
- True or false? The author finds it surprising that we have to encourage one another to read the Bible.
- Identify the 2 methods of Bible study that the author portrays as typical in corporate settings.