How might strategic supply partners (suppliers) assist your organization
1. How might strategic supply partners (suppliers) assist your organization from a project management perspective? What services could they provide?
2. Discuss how cost analysis and a request for quotation work together in assuring that you are getting the best deal on purchased materials and services for your project. Illustrate this concept by using a real-world example from your own experience or from a situation that you are aware of.
3. In your opinion, what are the major hurdles preventing a traditional purchasing department from becoming a strategic supply management entity?
4. What are some of the ways that the procurement function can become more innovative in terms of supporting projects?
5. How does negotiation during a project differ from the type of negotiation that is prevalent during the purchase of a home or automobile?