What are project management processes? What are product-orientated
1. What are project management processes? What are product-orientated processes? Give examples of both. Why is there a balance between the two? (Craft this well to tie into Question 2).
- 2.List and discuss the advantages of using project management processes when acquiring or developing an IT suite for your business. If no PM process is used, discuss possible negative impacts. Include some basics: What is a project? What is project management? Plus, describe the relationship between scope, schedule, and budget. Remember to provide a conclusion for responses to complex questions.
- 3. Compare and contrast two prototyping or SDLC models. Be sure to identify pros and cons of each. (See weekly readings concerning SDLCs).
- 4. Define Work Breakdown Structure. (Only 5 points? Craft this well).
- 5. (5%) List and briefly discuss two cost estimating methodologies.
- 6. (20%) Define and discuss Critical Path Analysis, PERT charts and GANTT charts. When are they best used and why? What are some of the positive attributes or negative concerns when using these charts? What concerns might a PM have in basing decisions on these charts?