CULTURAL SENSITIVITY AND COMPETENCY WITHIN THE SOCIAL CONTEXT
The Purpose of this assignment is to conduct beginning, exploratory research regarding an agency’s policy to incorporate cultural sensitivity and services to an identified ethnic population. By integrating your knowledge of an ethnic population, and exploring an agency’s community, policies, and staff/administration sensitivity to an ethnic population, this experience will help to ensure your ability to understand guidelines for engaging in, and learning, the process of increasing cultural competence in the mezzo and/or macro environment.
The research paper will be comprised of three (3) parts:
PART I. This study will explore an agency’s community, access to services of an identified ethnic population, receptivity, administration and staff training, funding resources, outreach efforts to an ethnic population, and effectiveness and efficiency in the above areas.
PART II: Describe how you might assist your client(s) to explore any areas of difficulty that might be grounded in the relationship between their cultural group, the agency, or the dominant society?
PART III: Using one or more of the Cultural Competence Standards of NASW:
1. Assess the agency you researched
2. Close with your recommendations
This assignment is to be 6 pages in length and APA style. (This includes cover page and reference page). Papers received after the due date will be penalized.
Practice competencies behaviors measured by this assignment are as follows:
- Social workers provide leadership in promoting sustainable changes in service delivery and practice to improve the quality of social services.
- Social workers analyze models of assessment, prevention, intervention, and evaluation.
- Social workers make ethical decisions by applying standards of the National Association of Social Workers Code of Ethics and, as applicable, of the International Federation of Social Workers/International Association of Schools of Social Work Ethics in Social Work, Statement of Principles.
- Social workers attend to professional roles and boundarie