For your Patient Satisfaction Quality Improvement Project, write a 1,400- to 1,750-word report in which you will:
- Explain the types of information technology systems you used to gather data.
- Explain how the use of nursing informatics applies to your department or unit, and how it relates to your quality improvement initiative.
- Evaluate the influence of information technology on patient care.
- Does it improve patient care?
- How much nursing time does technology take away from patient care?
- Evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of barcoding.
- Analyze which systems contribute to the management and maintenance of change for the organization.
- Analyze the Health and Medicine Division recommendations for integrated information systems (e.g., EpicCare, Cerner, ABELMed, FutureNet, or other system).
- Determine other types of applications of technology, other than the electronic medical record system, to implement the quality improvement project.
Cite and reference all sources.