Develop a Transportation Improvement Plan (TIP) paper and corresponding Presentation for a supply chain of an organization your choice . Do not include any secure, confidential or private information in your plan. Your TIP should include background about the organization, its products and services, markets, and supply chain strategies (e.g., green chain). Also describe its current freight flows and future freight flows after implementation of one or more of your recommended improvement projects would be executed. Use a multi-year planning horizon.
•Plan: 3-5 page Word Document, APA Style
•Presentation: 5-7 slide Power Point Presentation, professional style
•Submit both your plan and presentation to Assignments
This paper must be a minimum of 3-5 pages (not including cover and references) and include 5-7 references. This final paper should demonstrate understanding of the course concepts and include critical thought. The PowerPoint should be a minimum of seven slides.
Please upload a Word document using APA format for this assignment (see attached for the template). Where applicable, you must show your derivations, analysis and how you obtained the responses/answers. Use title page, in-text citations, references, appropriate font size, double spaces, etc where appropriate. The assignment will be graded for content, APA formatting, met deadlines for submission. See the following rubric below.
Example Template for the TIP Presentation:
1. Demographic information about the company: industry classification; markets, locations, # of employees, products & services, suppliers, other pertinent information
2. How does this supply chain support the company’s strategic goals?
3. What are the strengths of this supply chain?
4. What are the weaknesses of this supply chain?
5. What metrics does the company utilize for its supply chain?
6. What supply chain initiatives and innovations has it implemented?
a. (E.g., build-to-order, vendor-managed inventory, supply hubs, top value, channel assembly program, outsourcing, etc.)
7. What supply chain initiatives and innovations should it consider?
8. What should be the next step be to improve the supply chain?”
9. Provide data from the case to support your conclusions as necessary.
You may find it useful to compare the supply chain you are analyzing to an exemplar, standard, or benchmark. See Lee (2004) and Hofman, O’Marah, & Elvy (2011).
- TLMT+501+ Weekly Paper+Rubric.doc (44 KB)
To submit your assignment, enter text in the Submission Text box below and/or at