What does this measurement tell you about Information
A company has three components in a system and requires all three to be operational from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. business hours, Monday to Friday. Failure of component 2 occurs as follows:
- Monday = 8 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Tuesday = No failure
- Wednesday = 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Thursday = 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Friday = 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.
Directions: Using the scenario above, respond to the items below.
- Calculate the availability of component 2.
- Show your steps of how you calculated the availability. Steps:
- Availability (%) = system uptime / (system uptime + system downtime)
Total Uptime = (Number of Days Required Operational x Hours per Day Available) – Number of Hours Not Available
2. What does this measurement tell you about Information Availability compared to the measurement you calculated in Assignment 1? (see attached file)
Provide your answers in a separate MS Word document named: