Unit V Case Study
Read the following scenario and answer the corresponding questions upon your completion.
Lobos International Scenario:
Over the past few years, you and Cindy have been on the fast track at Lobos International, a multinational company providing Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) solutions to companies operating in the Pacific Rim. You were just informed that you have been promoted as Senior VP of Global Affairs, a position that, for the foreseeable future, has Cindy reporting directly to you.
You received a text message from a colleague congratulating you on the promotion, but she also alerted you that Cindy and several of her team members were upset and resentful that she failed to receive the position. She had, after all, been with Lobos a couple years longer than you. The first project on the table requires you to increase the number of clients in the region by 10% over the next 12 months. To do that, you will need Cindy’s help because she heads the sales and marketing team. Given that you are new to this position, it is imperative that you demonstrate your ability to lead, regardless of personality differences.
Please provide a response to the following questions:
· Please discuss how you will approach Cindy to ensure she is on board with the project objectives?
· How will you get the team to the performing stage (stages forming, storming, norming, performing, and adjourning)?
· How will you manage the potential conflict?
· How will you handle the situation in which some of Cindy’s team members are sabotaging the success of the project?
· If Cindy steps up to the plate and performs admirably, will you seek for her to be promoted? Explain.
Identify your own thoughts, and answer each question in detail. Your response should be a minimum of two pages in length written in standard essay form according to APA style guidelines.
Larson, E., & Gray, C. (2014). Project management: The managerial process (6th ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill Education.