Attached textbook for your references and APA formatted citations. 2
I need help writing this paper for Biology. It needs to be 800 - 1000 words and must be in question and answer format. Please use the A Here is the assignment:
DNA and Protein Synthesis
Textbook: Campbell Biology: Concepts and Connections, Sections "The Structure of the Genetic Material" and "DNA Replication" in Ch. 10
Answer the following questions, in a total of 800 - 1000 words. Please use Question and Answer (Q & A) format rather than a paper format. Remember to use MS Word Spelling/grammar checker before submitting the assignment.
- Describe the structure of DNA and the steps of protein synthesis.
- Describe the relationships between the following terms:
- Chromatin material
- Use the following gene in protein synthesis:
- Show the mRNA.
- Show the tRNA.
- Name the amino acids that will be placed in the polypeptide chain. (Use the codon table in Ch. 10, Figure 10.8A of Campbell Biology.)
- A gene will direct the making of polypeptide chains, and polypeptide chains form proteins. All enzymes are proteins. Therefore, how would you explain carrying a gene for a trait that does not show up in the offspring?
- In order for DNA to pass genetic information to the next generation, DNA must replicate successfully. Mistakes in replication could result in major problems in heredity.
- Explain how DNA replicates.
- Describe the formation of the leading strand and lagging strand and include the enzymes involved.
- Why do the legs replicate differently?