Suppose you were recently hired for a new position as the
Assignment 1: Computer Forensics Overview
Due Week 2 and worth 100 points
Suppose you were recently hired for a new position as the computer forensics specialist at a medium-sized communications company. You have been asked to prepare a presentation to the Board of Directors on your main duties for the company and how your position could help achieve business goals based on security and confidentiality. You are also aware that the company has just had some issues with employee complaints of ongoing sexual harassment over email and instant messaging systems but has been unable to obtain adequate evidence of any kind.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Explain the basic primary tasks, high-level investigation processes, and challenges of a computer forensics specialist.
- Provide an overview of how computing devices are used in crimes of today and how these crimes can affect a company's data and information.
- Discuss how computer forensics investigations pertain to the law and trying of cases.
- Explain how you could assist in investigating the potential ongoing sexual harassment complaints and determine how you would communicate this to the Board of Directors.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the professor's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Identify the role of computer forensics in responding to crimes and solving business challenges.
- Outline system forensics issues, laws, and skills.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in computer forensics.
- Write clearly and concisely about computer forensics topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.