1) The Baldwin Company currently has the following balances on their balance sheet:
Total Assets $252,775
Total Liabilities $146,576
Retained Earnings $49,307
Suppose next year the Baldwin Company generates $44,200 in net profit, pays $12,000 in dividends, total assets increased by $55,000, and total liabilities remain unchanged. What will ending Baldwins balance in Common Stock be next year?
2) Of Chester Corporation’s products, which earned the lowest Net Margin as a percentage of its sales?
3) Assuming Brokerage fees of $6000, calculate the amount of cash needed to retire Baldwin's 12.4S2021 bond early.
4) How much would it cost for Chester Corporation to repurchase all its outstanding shares if new brokerage fees totaled 1% of the underlying transaction?
5) Which description best fits Chester in your industry? For clarity:
- A differentiator competes through good designs, high awareness, and easy accessibility.
- A cost leader competes on price by reducing costs and passing the savings to customers.
- A broad player competes in all parts of the market.
- A niche player competes in selected parts of the market.
Which of these four statements best describes this competitor?
Chester is a niche cost leader
Chester is a broad cost leader
Chester is a niche differentiator
Chester is a broad differentiator
6) The Digby company will continue to train their existing workforce at their current level to help reduce turnover and improve productivity next year. Employee training costs $20 per hour. How much would their training costs per employee be to the nearest dollar?
7) The Chester company will sell 100 units (x1000) of capacity from their Cedar product line. Each unit of capacity is worth $6 plus $4 per automation rating. The Chester company will sell the capacity for 35% off. How much do they receive when the capacity is sold?
8) Baldwin has negotiated a new labor contract for the next round that will affect the cost for their product Brat. Labor costs will go from $1.93 to $2.43 per unit. In addition, their material costs have fallen from $6.82 to $5.82. Assume all period costs as reported on Baldwin's Income Statement remain the same. If Baldwin were to pass on half the new costs of labor and half the savings in materials to customers by adjusting the price of their product, how many units of product Brat would need to be sold next round to break even on the product?