The Convention on International Civil Aviation (also known as the Chicago Convention of 1944) created the "freedoms of the air", a set of commercial aviation rights granting a country's airline(s) the privilege to enter and land in another country's airspace. The drafters of the convention wanted to promote economic multilateralism by establishing provisions for all signatories of the agreement. However, a full-scale agreement could not be reached on such a comprehensive form of economic multilateral regulation.
For this assignment, complete the following:
- Research the "freedoms" of the Chicago Convention
- Answer the following questions:
- Why were those parties present hesitant to agree to incorporate all five "freedoms"
- How have issues changed since the convention was put in effect?
- What is the current status of the "Five Freedoms" in today's international aviation community?
- Submit your answers using the submission instructions below.
I attached the file you will need to read in order to answer the questions.(word file : you don't have to read case 10-1 just make a reference to answer those question)
Here is a resource that you can use and please make a reference at the end of the paper. It will have to be APA format and double space.
Each answer has to be 3 to 4 paragraph.
here is the reference.