Describe the people-related problems or issues Ann Wood
Final Project - Topic Selection
The final project revolves around you diagnosing a process/structure/environment in an organization that you're familiar with and that needs improvement and designing an organizational development (OD) intervention to achieve positive change. Organizations such as your place of employment, community groups, volunteer groups, school committees, and even city/state/Federal governments are areas to consider.
- Using APA formatting requirements (12 point Times New Roman font, double-spacing, 1" margins, title and reference pages), write a250-350 word paperintroducing your chosen organization and the associated process/structure/environment that needs improvement.
- Additionally, your paper should discuss the following:
- why you have chosen your organization;
- a diagnosis of why the change is needed;
- proposed organizational behavior concepts from the text that might apply as you work towards an intervention.
All in a Day’s Work Case Study
Review the All in a Day’s Work Case Study (pp. 33-34) and answer the three discussion questions. Responses to each question should range from 100-200 words. Your paper should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards (12 point Times New Roman font, double-spacing, 1" margins, title and reference pages). Be sure to use the text and/or other sources to support your responses and properly cite the use of such.
- Describe the people-related problems or issues Ann Wood faced during the day. Did she handle these effectively? If not, what do you believe she should have done?
- Is Ann Wood a high-involvement manager? If so, provide evidence. If not, how well do you think she’ll perform in her new job as head of marketing?
- Assume that Ann Wood wants her managers and associates to be the foundation for her department’s competitive advantages. Use the framework summarized in Exhibit 1.2 to assess the degree to which Ann’s people are a source of competitive advantage at this point in time.