200–300 words + 2 responses (100 words each)View objectives for this assignment Go To:
- Assignment Details
- Learning Materials
- Reading Assignment
Looking for tutoring? Go to Smarthinking
Collapse All | Expand All
Assignment Details Assignment Description
Primary Discussion Response is due by Wednesday (11:59:59pm Central), Peer Responses are due by Sunday (11:59:59pm Central).
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 200–300 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
In this class, you will develop a research proposal based on a business, organizational problem, or topic that you want to explore. If you need help in finding a problem to explore, check the following Web sites for help in brainstorming an organizational issue:
- History of quality management Web site
- Total quality management information Web site
Types of Research:
Utilizing the CTU Library, locate one peer reviewed journal article that reports the findings of a qualitative study and one that reports the findings of a quantitative study (you will need to cite both in your response).
Discuss the following:
- Explain the differences between the two research approaches.
- Explain why each researcher chose the correct research approach (quantitative or qualitative) for their particular research question.
- How would you determine what strategy to use for a research project?
Provide citations and references for your articles in accordance with APA guidelines.