To demonstrate competence in this unit you will need to show that
To demonstrate competence in this unit you will need to show that you can design and develop a project plan. Your task is to select an idea, improvement or opportunity that could be applied in a business operation. Describe the business and the project you might initiate. You will need to describe and define the project in context. Explain why such a project would be beneficial. What procedures might you use to ensure that the project was sponsored and supported by the organisation?
Define the project, write a project narrative and develop a project plan, including the processes that would be used to manage financial, technical, human and physical resources.
In developing your project plan, consider:
- Who are your project’s stakeholders?
- What would your role be in planning and delivering the project?
- How would you ensure that your project met organisational objectives?
- What resources would you need and how would you source them?
- Why should you and how would you consult with team members in the planning stage of the project and throughout the project’s implementation?
- How would you monitor the quality of outcomes?
- How would you ensure that you met project timelines?
- What project management tools would you use and why would they be most useful?
- How and why would you delegate roles and tasks?
- How would you design and develop risk management and contingency plans and cater for any health and safety issues?
- What methods would you use to clarify roles, responsibilities and lines of authority?
- Describe in detail how the budget would be prepared and used as a communication and monitoring tool.
- Explain the data collection, recordkeeping and reporting processes that would apply to the project.
- What legislation would apply to the project and how would you ensure compliance with it?
- What are your projects deliverables?
- Why should you and how would you review project outcomes and processes?
Your response should also demonstrate that you have undertaken your own research. You are required to provide a bibliography/ reference list for this project.
Your response should be between (2,000–2,500 words)