You have been hired as a business analyst by a new
Project: Time Management Using Excel
You have been hired as a business analyst by a new start-up company called Multi-Media. Multi-Media is an interactive agency that constructs phased and affordable website marketing, providing its clients with real and measurable solutions that are supported by easy-to-use tools. Since the company is very new to the business arena, it needs help in creating a project management plan for developing its own website. The major tasks for the development have been identified but you need to create the timeline.
Task names, durations, and any prerequisites are:
- Analyze and plan (Task takes two weeks and you cannot start any other tasks until this is complete)
- Create and organize content (Task takes four weeks. You can begin to develop look and feel two weeks before this task is complete)
- Develop the look and feel (Task takes four weeks. Start working on graphics and HTML at the same time.
- Produce graphics and HTML documents (Task takes two weeks. Begin to create a working prototype after the first week.
- Create a working prototype (Task takes two weeks. Give to test team when complete.
- Test Phase takes four weeks.
- Upload to a web server and test again. This task takes one week.
- Implement and begin post production maintenance. This task has a 30 day period.
Using Microsoft Excel, create a Gantt chart using the information provided.