Past and Future" Please respond to the following:
- Imagine back in time to pre-Internet days. Describe how you would have established communications for international trade in these time periods: 1935 and 1977.
- Imagine it is now 2050. Predict the ease and speed of international trade communications and how it will occur.
Backtracking from Globalization" Please respond to the following:
•From the e-Activity(Go to the Strayer Online Library to locate and read Hillebrand, E. E., Lewer, J. J., & Turtora Zagardo, J. (2010). Backtracking from Globalization. Global Economy Journal 10(4), 1-17), illustrate with two examples how the U.S. has restrained trade over the past 60 years and state why you think that happened.
•Some believe these restraints have been deleterious to national economic prosperity. In your estimation, speculate as to how these restraints have affected national economic prosperity.
"International Human Resources" Please respond to the following:
- As the newly appointed human resources manager in a multinational production company, you have the responsibility to implement a new relocation plan to encourage employees to take overseas assignments. Create an action plan with a list of at least five tasks, timelines, and deliverables for implementing your plan. Justify your plan.
- With your human resources plan in mind, create a communications plan for letting employees know how attractive this relocation plan will be.
"International Marketing Planning" Please respond to the following:
•In the role of marketing director for a company that plans to expand into international markets, determine how you would evaluate marketing plans to launch a newly developed environmentally friendly minicar.
•When it comes to developing a marketing plan for an export / import business, assess the two most important factors to consider and state a rationale for your response
Fact Sheets" Please respond to the following:
- From the e-Activity (Go to the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Website, located at http://cbp.gov/. Select one of the Task Force Reports from the tab entitled, “Newsroom, Fact Sheets” and review the contents on that page), determine how the content of the report you selected would most likely impact U.S. businesses seeking to do business in foreign countries. Provide specific examples to support your response.
- Referencing the same report, determine how universities and state and community colleges might use it to effectively plan for expansion in the world trade market.
Homeland Security" Please respond to the following:
•The Homeland Security Act has been the subject of much scrutiny and criticism. From your own experience, suggest two changes that could be made to security procedures to deter terrorism and discuss their potential benefits.
•Speculate the threats to importing and exporting activities that might exist if the changes you describe are not enacted.