Case Study: Honam Petrochemical's Quest for Better Management Reports
1. List and describe the information requirements of HPC's new management system. What problems were the new system designed to solve?
2. To what extent were "people” problems affecting management decision-making at HPC? What were some of the management, organization, and technology issues that had to be addressed by the new system? How did the system's designers make the system more "people-friendly”?
3. What role did end users play in developing HPC's new system? How did the project team make sure users were involved? What would have happened to the project if they had not done this?
4. What other steps did HPC take to make sure the system was successful?
5. What types of system-building methods and tools did HPC use for building its system?
6. What were the benefits of the new system? How did it change the way Honam ran its business? How successful