Caterpillar is the world's leading maker of earth- moving machinery and supplier of agricultural equipment. The software for its Dealer Business System (DBS), which it licenses to its dealers to help them run their businesses, is becoming outdated. Senior management wants its dealers to use a hosted version of the software supported by Accenture Consultants so Caterpillar can concentrate on its core business. The system had become a defacto standard for doing business with the company. The majority of the 50 Cat dealers in North America use some version of DBS, as does about half of the 200 or so Cat dealers in the rest of the world. Before Caterpillar turns the product over to Accenture, what factors, and issues, should it consider? What questions should it ask? What questions should its dealers ask? Make a recommendation to senior management about preventing possible barriers for full implementation and acceptance of the new system.
(1) This is the final version of your individual scientifc paper.
(2) Use the feedback from your week 2 outline to complete this paper.
(3) Expected length: 1400 words
(4) Format is APA style (Must comply for your paper to be graded)
(5) Times New Roman 12pt, double line spacing
(6) Number of references: Three academic resources, peer-reviewed.