Instruction: MEE 5901
Unit VIII Scholarly Activity
You are an engineer in a design, build, and operate construction firm. The firm has received four requests for proposals (RFPs) and can only respond to one of these. You have been asked to review the RFP from Washentaw County, Michigan, and write up a three-page executive summary for the marketing team. After reading all of the executive summaries, the marketing team will make a decision about which, if any, of the RFPs to respond to. The RFP from Washentaw County is located here:
Your executive summary should include the following items:
- an introduction that includes a detailed overview of the project scope;
- identification of the required information to be included into the company response to the RFP;
- your concerns about any of the obligations in the RFP;
- how any negotiations with Washentaw County could affect the decision (i.e.,What collaborative methods of problemsolving could be used to solve the marketing team’s problem of choosing an RPF? How could these methods be appliedto this situation?); and
- your justified recommendation to respond or to pass on this business opportunity. This should include a description ofthe leadership and management principles that factored into your decision.
Also, as stated in the RFP, the criteria for making a decision will depend on the following three areas: price, collection and methodology, and responsiveness to the bid. While you cannot address the price issue, you can cover in your recommendation discussion the collection methodology and the level of detail that you would recommend when responding to the bid.
Your response should be at least three pages in length. At a minimum, you should use information from your textbook to support your answer, but other academic resources may be used as well. Any resources used should by cited in accordance with APA guidelines. Format your response in APA style to include a title page, running head, and reference page.
Worrell, W. A., Vesilind, P. A., & Ludwig, C. (2017). Solid waste engineering: A global perspective (3rd ed.). Boston, MA: Cengage Learning.
(text book : Solid Waste Engineering A Global Perspective-Third Edition
Written by William A. Worrell, P.AarneVesilind, Christian Ludwig