Imagine you are a senior systems administrator who has been tasked with considering whether or not to implement server virtualization into your organization’s computing operations of multiple sites with a server count of more than 400.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Specify the most significant advantages and disadvantages that could be realized by the organization in adopting a server virtualization infrastructure.
- Prepare a plan for implementing Hyper-V (or an alternate solution, such as VMware) as a solution for your organization. Provide a rationale for the plan decisions.
- Determine the strategy you would use to explain the concepts of server virtualization to senior management so that they understand the concepts and can form an opinion on the solution. Provide a rationale for using your chosen strategy.
- Based on your plan for implementation and the specifics of the organization of which you are aware, determine whether or not you should move forward with the implementation of a virtual infrastructure. Justify your response.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Demonstrate the ability to prepare, install, configure, maintain, and update a computer system for use as a server.
- Describe and configure secure systems, networks, and computing applications.
- Analyze the creation, configuration, and maintenance of virtual servers, storage, and networks.
- Develop a server migration plan to address and solve a proposed business problem.
- Demonstrate the ability to configure and deploy Active Directory, DNS, and DHCP services.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in server environments.
- Write clearly and concisely about server administration topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.