- In a narrative format, discuss the key facts and critical issues presented.
- Explain how 1983 suits can have a significant impact on the day-to-day operation of state and local prisons and jails.
3.Why has the women's movement pursued rights through the courts and not through legislation, ballot referenda, or some other channel?
- Your state's legislature has introduced legislation allowing pregnant females to have their newborn infants remain with them until the infant reaches 6 months old. As the warden, do you support or oppose this legislation? Explain your answer in depth.
- Thinking Critically about Corrections - Aging Prison Population and Costs)
- What challenges do elderly inmates pose for correctional institutions?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of releasing elderly inmates from prison?
8.You are a correctional officer who has been assigned to work in a geriatric prison in your state. After working in the geriatric prison for one year, you are asked to give a presentation on the purpose and advantages of geriatric prisons and hospice programs to fellow correctional officers who do not support hospice and age segregation for prisoners. What do you tell them in your presentation?