Voice App is a midsize software company that specializes in voice recognition software. Due to rising costs of maintaining IT technical support, your director is considering outsourcing your technical support services. Currently, your technical support service desk is staffed by 30 full-time and 15 part-time employees. Your director has asked you to produce a recommendation report that includes the advantages and disadvantages of outsourcing and a cost/benefit analysis to determine if outsourcing will actually result in any significant savings for the company.
For this assignment, create a preliminary list of the advantages and disadvantages of outsourcing for your company, including both long- and short-term consequences. Rank the advantages and disadvantages in descending order of importance. Then, in a 750-1,000 word, explain the research process you will undertake to complete the recommendation. Include all costs you must calculate and other data you must collect in order to make the most informed decision possible.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
Learner prepares a list of preliminary advantages and disadvantages of outsourcing for the company.
Learner includes both short-term and long-term consequences relating to the advantages and disadvantages of outsourcing.
Learner ranks the advantages and disadvantages in descending order of importance.
Learner includes an explanation of the research process to complete the recommendation; including all costs and other data required in order to make the most informed decision possible.
Paragraph Development and Transitions
· Student's work has a sophisticated construction of paragraphs and transitions. Ideas universally progress and relate to each other. The student is careful to use paragraph and transition construction to guide the reader. Paragraph structure is seamless. Individually and collectively, paragraphs are coherent and cohesive.
Mechanics of Writing
· Student is clearly in control of standard, written American English.
· All work includes correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
· Similarity Index less than or equal to 15% *Instructor discretion advisable
Language Use and Audience Awareness
· Student uses correct sentence construction, word choice, etc.
· Student uses a variety of sentence constructions, figures of speech, and word choice in unique and creative ways that are appropriate to the purpose, discipline, and scope.
· Assignment is within the required word count (750-1,000).