Unit 7: Instructor Graded Assignment
Unit 7 focuses on descriptive business statistics, which is covered in your reading of Chapter 7: “Business Statistics.”
You must show your work at all times. The steps for solving each problem must be explained. Failure to do so could result in your submission being given a 0 grade. If you have any questions about how much work to show, please contact your instructor.
All Assignments are due by Tuesday at 11:59 p.m. ET of the assigned unit.
One of the benefits of attending here at Kaplan is that we have a tremendous amount of resources available for you. If you find yourself having difficulties completing this exercise consider taking advantage on one or more of the following resources:
- Textbook: The textbook reading assigned for each unit includes the topics and calculation details for each type of problems you will complete.
- LiveBinders: In the LiveBinder for the unit, you will find more informationon unit topics, example problems, and video content on the unit’s topics. To access the LiveBinder for a unit, use the menu on the left side of the classroom, select the unit you are in, and when you click the unit link several additional links will appear below the unit heading, one of those links will be “Live Binders.”
- KU Math Center: Take advantage of the KU Math Center’s many services:
- Math Tutoring
- Question & Answer Services
- Request a Video Example Services
- Project Review Services (be sure to submit Assignments early enough to receive feedback and make corrections before the Assignment due date (24 hour turn-around times Monday-Thursday and 48 hour turn-around times on weekends are typical).
- Math Center Reference Library
To access the KU Math Center start at the KU Campus Home Page. From the KU Campus Home Page, select My Studies (top menu bar), then select Academic Support Center, and review the Math Center offerings.
- Email Your Instructor: Your instructor is only an email away; when you cannot make any more progress on a problem, reach out. Send your instructor the work you started and steps of the problem you have completed so far, and ask for help. Your instructor will respond within 24 hours.
Business Statistics Assignment (Total 40 Points)
Question 1: (10 Points)
Find the mean, median and mode of the following:
Presto Printing Company sales for the month of February.
(NOTE: The company is closed on Sundays.)
Question 2: (20 Points)
- Set up a frequency distribution table and calculate the relative frequency for the following quiz scores that Matt achieved in his Algebra course:
Matt’s Quiz Scores: 85, 88, 92, 79, 100, 78, 61, 60, 79, 99, 100, 69, 98, 85, 92, 79, 81, 85, 100, and 100.
Use the following frequency intervals:
60 – 70
80 - 90
90 – 100
- Calculate the variance and standard deviation for Matt’s quiz scores.
Suggestion: set the problem up in steps within a table like the textbook illustrates.
Question 3: (10 Points)
Patrick’s Average Sales: