HR Policy Manual
1500-2000 words, 5 scholarly sources
View objectives for this assignment
- Assignment Details
- Learning Materials
- Reading Assignment
Looking for tutoring? Go to Smarthinking
Collapse All | Expand AllCollapse All | Expand All
Assignment Details Assignment Description
Weekly tasks or assignments (Individual or Group Projects) will be due by Monday and late submissions will be assigned a late penalty in accordance with the late penalty policy found in the syllabus. NOTE: All submission posting times are based on midnight Central Time.
Key Assignment Final Draft
The Key Assignment for this course will involve creating polices for the various laws that are covered in the employee handbook. The purpose of the handbook is to equip managers with the information they need to lead their teams. For this assignment, you will create a paper of 1000-1500 words. You should also research and utilize 4 academic sources in your assignment.
Include the information below in your assignment. When discussing each act, provide an example of how it might be violated by an employer or employee and the approach that can be used (such as EEOC, diversity, grievances, counseling, documentation, or termination) to address the violation.
- A policy for the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- A policy for the Age Discrimination in Employment act (ADEA)
- A policy for dealing with different types of harassment.
- A policy for the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA)
- A policy for the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- A policy for the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- A policy for the Equal Pay Act (EPA)
Finalize your project by reviewing the feedback that you received from your instructor and your peers. Then, prepare a PowerPoint training presentation for employees to review the new policies (6-8 slides). At the end of the presentation, include 2 slides addressing:
- For the employee handbook, create a policy for employee use of technology because new sources of social media and more advanced electronic devices are regularly being introduced to the market. Address topics such as: refraining from workplace commentary on social media, maintaining a professional image, what can be shared and what not to share on social media, harassment, privacy, and IT security.