MPR professionals need to persuade connectors to use their message. It must be positioned as
MPR professionals need to persuade connectors to use their message. It must be positioned as newsworthy. Common themes defining newsworthiness often include the following:
- Local, quirky personalities
- The underdog
- Impact on the audience
- Something of an unusual nature
Part 1: Pre-Pitch
Select a company to create story that you wish to shop to a media outlet. Use the following guidelines:
- Provide a brief overview of the company.
- Describe the media outlet being pitched. Include information on its target audience (the media outlet must be real).
Part 1 of the Individual Project should be 1 pg in length. Be sure to cite your resources.
Part 2: Writing an Effective Pitch Letter
- Write the pitch letter, which should include the following:An attention-grabbing opening
- The "hook"
- Background information supporting the pitch
- Support materials
- The action step
Part 2 of the Individual Project should be 2 1/2 pgs in length. Be sure to cite your resources.
Part 3: Follow-up and Other Considerations
- Describe your follow-up plan.
- Discuss the special considerations for pitching a blogger.
Part 3 of the Individual Project should be 1 1/2 pgs in length. Be sure to cite your resources