Prepare a report on patient-nurse communication in which you include the following:
- Describe the types of communication that take place between nurses and clients/patients. Do not forget to consider types of communication beyond verbal and written on paper.
- Explain the factors that influence positive and negative experiences during the communication process. (Hint: Consider the experiences of both the client/patient and the nurse. Also, consider things such as age, gender, culture, and so on, of both the client/patient and the nurse.)
- Explain how the client/patient experience can impact health care outcomes.
- Recommend evidence-based strategies for improving communication between client/patients and nurses.
- Explain how the strategies consider different client/patient demographics.
Format this assessment as a report that you would give to your supervisor. It may be helpful for you to review how your organization formats internal reports and incorporate your findings. You are still required to adhere to APA guidelines for in-text citations and references, as well as for formatting your reference page.
- Include a title page and a reference page.
- Ensure your assessment is 3–4 pages in length.
- Use double-spaced, 12-pt., Times New Roman font.
- Describe the types of communication that occur between nurses and clients/patients.
- Explain the factors that influence the communication experience between nurses and clients/patients.
- Explain how the client/patient communication experience can impact health care outcomes.
- Recommend evidence-based strategies to improve nurse-client/patient communication.
- Explain how nurse-client/patient communication strategies consider individual demographics.
- Write content clearly and logically with correct use of grammar, punctuation, and mechanics.
- Correctly format citations and references using current APA style.